LOVE WILL RISE
2 Party Song
3 Strap My Hat On
4 Precious Blood
5 Wounded One
6 Come To the Well
7 Along With the Rocks
9 Honest of Heart
10 Send Your Showers
11 Walking On Air
12 Upon Further Inspection
Rise, is the completed collection of this artist's
5th recording. Mitch previewed six of these songs
a gifted artist was befriended by Rich Mullins back in college, and the
two created a musical Canticle of The Plains. I mention
this because from song 1 recorded to the new songs still spinning
in his soul; Mitch always IS talent expressed. Brilliant wordsmith
abilities are matched with a range of vocals that deliver the message with
passion. Beautifully written melodies flow in every channel of the
songs. Passion, purity and poetic delivery are trademarks of his
music. He was given a canvas of gifts by his beloved God, and continues
to paint music beautifully. The only thing his heart desires to emulate
in his music, is the love of Jesus and that is evident in each one.
1. Hallelujah: Energetic, full tank of wordsmith abilities, dance around the music that is pleasantly infectious to the soul. If this song doesn't get you into the start of a good day ahead... not much will.
the sun floats to the top
Party Song: Celebratory
track that says it all. Innovative, eloquent imagery of what awaits
us in Heaven. Joyful and yes, there is a party going on.
Mitch McVicker on: Party Song: This song came about after I spent a couple days on a "personal retreat" in a hotel room in Missouri. It was holy week, I had a couple of open days, and for some reason, I thought it was important to be by myself and read and meditate on the first 10 psalms. From my readings and prayer, I discovered that the celebration the Lord is having, and will be having, is what was impressed upon me. I found myself longing to be a part of it, both today and someday. With the next day being Easter, I suddenly got the notion that I needed to be with my grandma on Easter. In order to do that, it meant leaving right then and driving through the night. As I drove, my mind was filled with thoughts of the Lord's celebration. Soon, a melody formed. I think it was about am when I pulled over, at a rest area, and got out my guitar to make up this song. Some hours later, my grandma was the first person to hear the finished result.
3. Strap My Hat On: Soul penetrating with the low, low vocal sounds telling the story that the lyrics deliver. As a painter of words, part of the author's essence is revealed. With Mitch's music you can take any 30 seconds and find a chapter to write about it. Personalized echos of his faith drive the story along. The music composed to meld with this ballad are a perfect fit. Let this song wash over you and feel the drive and determination of a strong walk with confidence in Jesus. Embrace it and strengthen your own relationship.
everytime arrows fill my fragile skies
4. Precious Blood: Sparkling with energy, this album illustrates what an excellent songwriter he really is. Precious Blood has a simply cord intro that flows intro to the lyrics that wrap around it snug and tight. Velvet smooth vocals with a range to falsetto that he always pulls off with ease. His conversations and prayers turned into music is a joyful experience for the soul to sink in.
my storage sin has stopped paying rent
Mitch McVicker on: Precious Blood: This song came from discovering jazz inversions of a couple chords in one of my favorite song writer's, Tom Waits, songbooks. I started playing around with a melody to fit with the chord progression that came from this discovery. And the lyrics that spilled out of me talked about how the Lord does not count my past and or my tarnished record. Why? Simply because of his doing ... because of his sacrifice.
5. Wounded One: First appeared on the DVD: Live At The Off Center Garage. Poetry set to music crafted by an artist who knows his savior. As with most of his music; the audience he writes to is Jesus.. listeners and concert friends are invited on that journey. Enjoyment is found in the craft displayed and shared by Mitch in songwriting. His music is firmly rooted in scripture. Arrangement instrumentally is very pleasing on this ballad.
Coming King, Savior, My Hope of Glory
One, so beautiful
Lyrically, he knits the words around the music with such ease. You need to read them to see the full beauty of this project.
Mitch McVicker on: Wounded One: I wrote this song with a great friend of mine, Kevin Galloway. We were sitting in a hotel room in Austin, Texas. Kevin is a great praise and worship style of song writer. I was wanting to write a song that was a response to the Lord's activity in our lives. This is what came about.
6. Come To the Well: Every word, weaves beautifully into the next. This is a marvelous reflection of what the tapestry of this gifted songwriter looks, sounds and feels. It makes me cry for joy to experience his poetic storytelling.
Rose of Israel
© 2007 Out of the Box Records White Plastic Bag Music
7. Along with the Rocks: Also appeared on the DVD: Live At The Off Center Garage. His stunning vocals shine and illuminate; lighting up the lyrics and message entwine into this wonderful song. Indescribable.. you need to hear it for yourself. My words, pale the experience.
a crashing gong
Mitch McVicker on: Along with the Rocks: If I don't love, I am nothing. Both Jesus and the apostle Paul are pretty clear about that. The scriptures are also pretty clear about all of creation being in a constant state of praise. And the scriptures tell me that, as a part of creation, I was created to love. So, it's just a mathematical equation. My most praise filled act is to love. That is how I can join the song that all of creation is singing. So, this song just combines the love chapter of corinthians and the "rocks cry out" passage in the psalms.
8. Wonderful: Conventional share with a compelling musical arrangement bring us this wonderful ballad to enjoy. Wonderfully buoyant and rhythmically satisfying. Wonderful is just that.. wonderful.
is as wonderful
9. Honest of Heart: This artist's songwriting heart is always in the right place. His songs have varied significantly from album to album; yet when you listen, you always hear a soul chasing after Jesus. With each project, more of his soul is revealed in the lyrics. Musical arrangements are powerful and unstrained. Honest and insightful lyrics flow and unite with the melodies.
soul, drug through shadows
a novel into a handful of words.. cutting to the heart of the story.. leaving
you fulfilled are trademarks of his musical talents.
Mitch McVicker on: Honest of Heart: Many times I view honesty as a matter of my will. But, I am hoping that my will and discipline are transformed as the Lord molds and changes my heart's desire. As this happens, what spills out of me will be an overflow of what is actually in my heart. It will come naturally, from my innermost and truest self, rather than my gumption. so, I tried to put that to lyrics and music.
Send Your Shower: His vocals often change with
his wide range and he steps out on this one with pleasant results.
Strong grooves and smooth musical jamming, give this song addictive qualities.
As always, the lyrics compliment the melody.
11. Walking on Air: The music crafted here is proof that the song of the moment is the song to get into. Incredibly many say that of Mitch's music. They can not choose a favorite. He doesn't have a few per album that deserve repeat spins.. they all do. I love that the harmonica came out on this one.
haze all ablaze
12. Upon Further Inspection: This song sweats the joy of knowing God's boundless love. Mitch allows these songs to take him.. and often the results are amazing. Deep vocals cradle most of the lyrics, but he carries them high to the stars with the chorus. Well crafted and masterfully engineered.
on: Upon Further Inspection: Whenever I "inspect" myself, I wish that numerous
things were different about the way I am. It becomes hard to swallow
reality, and instead, I begin making plans of all the things a will do
to correct and change myself. So this song is just a cry of resignation.
It is a decision to take my eyes off of myself and, instead, look at Jesus
... and what he will do.
13. Magnificent: Combine the experience of firework finals bliss.. and celebration of wonderful family gatherings.. and you will get the flavor and feeling of this song. Wonderful. Beautiful.
in the universe
This project contains diverse keenness for supreme music with a tight and focused sound. Indisputable and gifted songwriter. As with all of his projects, there is a plethora of music in Love Will Rise awaiting discovery.
NOTE FROM MARGARET BECKER: WHO IS CREDITED AS PRODUCER OF: TRACKS 3, 8, 11 & 12.
Mitch is brilliant. His writing is unencumbered and full of fresh imagery.
He has a way of presenting simple familiar concepts, with depth through
the use of simplicity- (a tongue twister I know-but true) I think he is
one of the rare gems in our business-artistic, driven and brave. I loved
working with him. Additional artwork from this project:
ownership of all collected and created at this website
(artist permission obtained for reviews)
email@example.com for emails